Saturday, January 26, 2013

Like father like son

Kevin's dad plays the saxophone. Kevin plays the saxophone as well.
One was playing tenor and one was playing alto. Don't ask me which is which, I keep forgetting.  

They serenaded us with the "Star Wars theme" (not sure if that's the true name, but you all know what I mean) and "Born Free".


Kevin decided the talent should be kept in the family so the lessons began.



 Beckham caught on right away and is able to read really simple music. Beckham and Kevin even played a simple duet tonight. I'm excited to see where Beckham's musical talents take him. It's so fun to have these Daly men share this common interest. Families are the best!   

Even if they are loud ;-)


6 comments:

Emilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrissy said...

Oh boy, that brings back memories, seeing Kevin with his Saxophone! How cool to share that musical gift on to your children. :)

Danica said...

I haven't heard either of them play in years. I would love to hear all of them play us a concert sometime. That is exciting to see Beckham taking to it.

April Weeks said...

I would love to hear it too! Great tradition!

Jim and Candace said...

That was so fun to watch Jim and Kevin play and then even more fun to see what happened after we left. It looks like you have all the boys attention. even the youngest, the last picture is so cute with his fingers in his ears. I figured it out. You were still logged in on my computer. Now it should say from me!

Tobi said...

From one used-to-be saxophone teacher to the wife of another... (ha ha ha)
smallest: soprano
medium: alto
large: tenor
extra large: bass

Makes me miss mine! Too fun!