Friday, January 4, 2013

For the Knowledge

I haven't eaten since 6:30 pm yesterday.

On purpose.

And I will continue to refrain from consuming any calories until tomorrow morning around 8:00 am. I have been drinking water like a camel though. 

Now, once a month I fast for religious reasons, but it's never for this long. AND today is following two days of very low caloric intake.

Why.....WHY would I do this to myself? For the knowledge. In the following weeks my trainer is going to issue a different challenge every week involving types of food. The only one I know for sure about, but know no details, is we will have a week with extra protein. He said that for some that week will involve headaches and for others they will have more energy than they are used to.

The reason is that everyone's genetic make-up is different and therefore one nutrition plan for everyone will never work. Depending on your lineage you might need more protein, or more veggies and fruits, or more carbs. It all comes down to what type of food was available to your ancestors in their region of the world.

It's the same reason the Atkins diet doesn't work for everyone, but for others it works amazingly well.

I'm excited to learn what works best for my body. It will be rough, but the knowledge will be invaluable.

That being said, this is stupid hard!

Oh, and I made my family dinner...again! It was a serious act of love and there may or may not have been a few tears that escaped my eyes when certain smells accosted my face.

Thank goodness everyone loved it or I may have lost it.  

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Ugh, that is some amazing commitment on your part. Good job on do hard things. :)

Colle said...

So way to go on making dinner when you are fasting. I so wouldn't have done that.