Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Catch up

Do we all feel a constant pull to catch up? Or is it just me?

Catch up on my work. Catch up on my designs. Catch up on my scripture reading. Catch up on my housework. Catch up on sleep. Catch up on friendships and family. Catch up on doing more service. Catch up on yard work. Catch up on exercise. Catch up on organizing my space and my time. And the ever dreaded...Catch up on laundry!

I feel like I do a lot of little things and never seem to catch up. Then I find myself feeling entitled and just take a day where I do what I want, not what is needed. Which feels nice in the moment, but really puts me behind in the overall plan of things.

I need 10 of me.

1 comment:

Ellis said...

EXACTLY! I think it is important to just take "days off"...regardless of what needs to be done. In the end you really aren't that far behind in the never ending list of "things to get done" and that quality time for yourself and for your kids makes you more ready to tackle the list the next day :-)