Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Middle of redecorating a boys room

I thought I was done with one more step in Sanders' room.

Turns out I totally miss calculated (stupid math) and had my stripes planned out all wrong in my head. So I thought I was done with all of the white base coat today until I started making marks for the stripes.

I didn't do a full coverage on the white near the chair rail because I thought that that section would be blue. Turns out it's supposed to be white.Which means I still have more white to paint.

Then I'll mark for stripes, tape them off, use this cool method for perfectly straight lines---



--which does add a step, but an easy one and no touch ups later, and then I'm ALL done with the painting :)

At least I now know that when I do get to paint the blue stripes I've checked, double checked and repainted already so hopefully it's smooth sailing from here.

And that the ceiling is a glorious color that I could bath in all. day. long!

To tide you over, here are a few Before and In the Middle pictures:

BEFORE
 
Cute before, right? I just wanted/needed a change.


IN the MIDDLE



 (It's hard to take great pictures when all the furniture is in the middle of the room)
Umm...do you LOVE the ceiling as much as I do?!?!?!? It seriously makes me so very happy!

1 comment:

Tobi said...

Ooooh! I very much do love the ceiling! I can't wait to see how the rest turns out!