Thursday, April 14, 2011

When you know you're obsessed

You may remember the post I did on how Katy Perry's Fireworks song effects me. It's a very obvious, you-can-do-anything! kind of a song.

I recently discovered just HOW deep my thought process is dominated by my big dream. Listening to the radio a Micheal Buble song came on. A song that I have heard multiple times before now, but this time I found a new meaning in all the words. All of the sudden he wasn't singing about an eternal mate, Micheal was crooning about my future relationship with a fabric manufacturer! He articulated this whole journey, with it's ups and downs, but always feeling that this relationship is just around the corner and while I don't have it yet, it's coming and it's going to be life changing in a good way.

Well, just read for yourself and see if you don't agree.


I'm not surprised.
Not everything lasts.
I've broken my heart so many times I stopped keeping track.
Talk myself in.
I talk myself out. (How many posts have I written like this)
I get all worked up, then I let myself down.

I tried so very hard not to lose it.
I came up with a million excuses.
I thought I thought of every possibility.

And I know someday that it'll all turn out. 
(I do, I really do!)
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out.  (Um...OBVIOUSLY)
And promise you, kid, that I'll give so much more than I get. ( You have no idea)
I just haven't met you yet.


I might have to wait. 
I'll never give up. (No, no I won't!)
I guess it's half timing,   
(These two lines completely relate to how I'm feeling)
And the other half's luck.
Wherever you are.
Whenever it's right.   (This is the one I have to keep reminding myself of)
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.

And I know that we can be so amazing.
And baby your love is gonna change me.
And now I can see every possibility.

They say all's fair.
In love and war.
But I won't need to fight it.
We'll get it right and,
We'll be united.

I just haven't met you yet.
Ohh, promise you, kid, to give so much than I get.

I just haven't met you yet

I just haven't met you yet.....but hopefully soon!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Love this song! And your new interpretation too...

Tobi said...

I love how you find such great connections to songs. Totally true! And I hope you meet them at the market. Keep being amazing and it will come!