Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Worst case senario

A few weeks ago we had a FHE lesson on fire safety. We really focused on not hiding, and not being afraid if someone, especially a masked someone, came in to help the kids escape a fire. We wanted the little ones to be as prepared as possible.

Tonight, after prayers, Beckham turned to me and said, "Mom, I need to talk to you about something. What if there was a fire and a stranger came to get me to kidnap me should I still let him help me escape?"

*Blink* *Blink* "Beckham, that would never happen."

"But should I still go with the stranger even though he's going to kidnap me?"

"If anyone comes to rescue you from a fire, you go with them."

"But then I'll be kidnapped!"

"But you won't be burnt to a crisp and we'd be able to save you later."

"But, kidnapping!"

"Beckham, let the stranger save you."

That kid has WAY too much time to think.

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Wow Em... his thought process gives me anxiety! That hampster wheel in his head just doesn't stop turning!

Happy explaining all the many "what ifs" he manages to come up with!

Lawson Family said...

Seriously-nothing will catch that kid off guard! :0)

Tobi said...

We did earthquake safety on Monday. I'd love to hear the questions he'd come up with that one! Adam insisted we all have assigned crouching spots in each room in the house.

mae said...

ha! the kidnapping fireman! if he wants to be like that- ask him how he would know if it was a stranger if he was wearing a mask...