Monday, April 11, 2011

Refreshing

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law recently moved back to the state. They closed on their house last week. The house, however, needed a good cleaning before moving into.

I have had a few opportunities to help, either by cleaning or watching kids so that others could clean. It's a BIG job to clean a whole house top to bottom.

Tonight I was able to go clean again.

What has been so refreshing is Lyndi not shying away from offers of help. So often, in our LDS culture we are taught to be self sufficient. Which is a wonderful thing and something to strive for. But I also feel that accepting help shows a strong character as well. Saying yes to help is SOOOO hard, but it can bless not only your life, but the life of the one offering.

Thank you, Lyndi! Thank you for helping me be the person I needed to be today. 

No comments: