Thursday, March 28, 2013

Progress

I springafied (totally a word...that I just made up) one of my flower beds today. AKA removed any signs of winter and weeds. It's been gnawing at me. It took me about 3 hours. I was being really picky.  Such a nice feeling to have it done!

I got all the trimming I need for Karaia's Easter dress. Holy cow, it's a surreal experience to be making something with your fabric. Crazy cool, but surreal. I still can't believe this is my life. When I was at the cutting counter at Joann's the lady asked me what I was going to use the trim on. I said, "Actually, I am making my daughter an Easter dress using fabric that I designed." And the thing is, that whole sentence is true. I know. It's weird.

We finally, read Tennyson, changed our chalk board sign in the front. Sander's bunny hat gave me a perfect excuse to document it. OH, and Sanders was too cute for words in his hat. (the sign reads it's Spreeg---It's Spring---I love phonic spelling! Also, he did bring the eraser out with him. I'm not sure why he just crossed out, "Let" and left the snow flakes, but who am I to argue with art?)










Tennyson decided today was the day to learn how to skate. That kid was pro.tec.ted! Knee pads, elbow pads, gloves, and a helmet. He loved it.







I told him, "You are going to fall. It's probably going to hurt, but I've given you as much protection as I can. You will be ok, just get up and try again."

I wonder if that's the last bit of advice Heavenly Father gave us before we came to Earth?

1 comment:

April Weeks said...

I think that is exactly what He said...plus "always remember I love you."
Your boys are so so darling! I'm excited to see Karaia's dress on her.