Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Feeding the missionaries

I had an opportunity to help feed 85 missionaries for a district...maybe zone...meeting. My friend, Becky, who is not LDS came to help. She was hilarious as usual and loved when the missionaries all sang to us and clapped for us at the end. She said she'll help any time if someone is going to clap for her!

Those boys and girls where so gracious and grateful. I tried to look in each of their faces and send a message from their moms. I know they must miss them, but they would be so proud of how happy and well mannered they all were.

It made me think of my kids and I wondered if Karaia would choose to go and where the boys will go. I hoped I was teaching them well enough to be that happy and well mannered away from home.

I hope when my kids get fed on their missions some lady tries to look them in the eye and let them know that their mom loves and misses them, but is so proud of the good they are doing.

1 comment:

Skye O. said...

I think of that too when we get to feed the missionaries. Crazy that that day of our kids going on missions will be here before we know it.