Thursday, February 10, 2011

Undressing a mannequin

Blog titles are really hard to think up sometimes. Especially, if you have committed to think one up every day.

Although the shock value of this title is a plus, it actually does have some relevancy to the content...or at least I hope it does.

I hosted my craft group again tonight. We always have a great time and I am loving getting to know these women in my life even better. Tonight, my sister-in-law, Danica, looked super cute. Everything she was wearing was right up my ally. I asked her where she got her necklace....oh and her cute sweater....well, you might as well go through everything you're wearing because I love it all!

She said she got it from Rue 21, which I recently discovered about 3 months ago and have since been stocking their website, and that her outfit originally was paired with a different layered shirt. She had liked the outfit so much as it was displayed on the mannequin that she went ahead and undressed the mannequin.

I have now found my reward for after I reach my goals. Hurrah! I will go to Rue 21, as I have often, and instead of longingly looking at the outfits on the mannequins I will, in fact, procure the clothes off of said mannequin...assuming I can reach them....and bring them home to live with me.

It's all about finding the right payoff.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Love it! I want to be there and take pictures for you when that happens. :) That's sounds a little weird, but you know what I mean...

Danica said...

Oh my!!!! I am blushing! I didn't think I would be the highlight of your day with my shopping techniques. It really is a great way to shop. The workers put together a cute outfit and I loved it, all of it, so I took it. :)