Sunday, February 24, 2013

You've got that ONE thing

On Valentine's day Karaia came home excited to show me a certain valentine she got.

She pulled it out of her box, hid the picture from me, and then slowly brought it up to just under her eyes. She then quickly turned it around to show me the picture and said with every girlish squeal you have ever heard, "It's miiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!"

I immediately thought, "I had NO idea she even knew about them...and she is in deep. Really deep."

I'm still not sure how she knows so much about them.She's only 10. Then again, I guess that's their target market isn't it.

On the valentine was a picture of the current boy band, One Direction.



Sigh. Oh, that's coming from her, not me. I'm not the one who thinks Harry is just, "Soooooo cute!"



Now she says things to me like, "Mom! Do you know what else makes One Direction so awesome? ....They're British!"

I laugh only because I remember being her age and having the same feelings, only it was over The Monkees and Davie Jones.


I know. What was I thinking? Weird.

Her friend, Eliza, who also has "Direction Infection" ,as Karaia tells me it's called, has a birthday tomorrow. Karaia knew just what to get her. A watch, but not just any watch. That's right a 1D (nick name for One Direction for all of you still trying to catch up) watch.

Thankfully, Kohls came through.

She choose the white one with the charms on the end to give to Eliza. She wanted the silver one for herself.

Afterwards we were so wiped out we had to get a smoothie. It tastes better on a lip couch.



It does.

You should try it sometime.

THEN, Karaia had a gift card burning a hole in her pocket and she found just the thing to spend it on and make it the most perfect day.


She pets it like it's a cat.

I love that girl!