Sunday, February 3, 2013

Front row

The two little boys got to the chapel first. They LOVE change and are always trying to get us to sit at a different bench. You have to understand that sitting in a different bench in church would just mess people up. Everyone sits in the same bench, every week, for years and years. It's just what happens. 

Well, today the stars aligned in Tennyson and Sanders' favor. They got to the chapel first and half of the ward was gone and, AND, they asked their dad before they asked me. 

Do you know what bench they chose? The front one, thankfully off to the side. At first I reacted like this, "Oh, I do not think so. That is so not going to work. No way!" Then Kevin and the two boys pulled puppy dogs eyes on and I caved. 

Sigh. 

But they were so go, comparatively. I mean, my boys will always be boys that don't sit quietly compared to girls, but for them, they were excellent. 

Karaia, on the other hand, had to be convinced by more than just me (read other members of our ward) that she needed to move and sit with her family in the front. When we finally got my oldest, my only girl, my 10 year old up to the front bench, she sat there and cried and pouted and then pulled her head into her coat like a turtl. And then she just got mad. 

Kevin and I were laughing so hard because we'd look over and she was just mumbling under her breath about things not being fair and how she will NEVER sit on the front again. all the while fervently writing in her little note book. So Kevin smiled at her. Which caused a  chain reaction of notes back and forth between the two of them. Karaia handed Kevin the paper she had been attacking in her semi-silent fury. It looked something like this:

"never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never..."

You get the picture. 

Kevin wrote, " We are going to sit on the front row every week until you are happy." He was stifling a laugh the whole time. 

Karaia's rebuttal was,"Then I will always be grumpy."

Ha!

Technically she has 3 more years until she is a teenager. As if! 
( Hair flip and mouth left open) This is going to be hilarious!


No comments: