Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mulligan date night

I feel asleep on the couch last night. I can't even remember what show I was watching. Regardless, I totally spaced writing last night. I'm changing the date on this to the date I should have written it.

Kevin and I went on a mulligan date last night.

mul·li·gan

noun \ˈmə-li-gən\

Definition of MULLIGAN

: a free shot sometimes given a golfer in informal play when the previous shot was poorly played 
We had gone on a date on Friday, but before we even got there, the grain of sand we'd been discussing for the past three hours on and off became a giant mountain. It's always over something dumb isn't it? Anyway, when we got to our destination in Farmington I was feeling particularly stubborn and so was he. We both sought out a little space from each other, while still on our "date", and by the time we both softened it was time to head home. 

Sometimes disagreeances and date night forget to send each other memos that they have the night reserved. Thank goodness for Mulligans!

We made up for time lost the previous night and all is well. That's one of my favorite things about my marriage with Kevin. We are not perfect. There are disagreements and arguments. Thankfully, not too many, but enough to keep us growing and on our toes. But we both make an effort to say sorry for what part we played. It's never one sided and we know that. It's kind of a magical place to be.

1 comment:

Tobi said...

Too funny. I read that thinking you actually went to Mulligan's on 106th. I was thinking, "You were that close to my house and didn't come to visit!?! That is almost unforgivable!"

I need to see you more often. :/