Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pictureless day

There were two, not the usual three, soccer games today from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.

Good thing, because Karaia and Beckham had a choir concert starting at 6:30pm.

Their mother did not take one single picture of any of the three events.

You really can't be too mad at her. Sanders was really patient attending all these events that he doesn't get to participate in until the last 10 minutes of each event. She tries very hard to keep him entertained while watching and supporting the other kids. Throwing picture taking into that mix felt like too much of a challenge tonight. Thank goodness for Kevin and her mom at the choir concert! Mom's entertainment was starting to lose it's effect.

The kids did great and we feel really blessed they get to have so many fun things in their life.

After the concert I took Tennyson out for ice cream because he scored a goal during his soccer game. This is a very big deal for him seeing that last year he thought watching his shadow as he ran around on the field was a much more productive use of his time that paying any attention to the ball.

He is getting to be a very good player. He can anticipate where the ball will be headed and try to position himself accordingly.

We had a wonderful time and ate our dessert before out dinner! I tried to get him to open up to me when it was just the two of us. We have a unique relationship and his choices don't always allow for a lot of positive bonding. Something we are both working on. We adore each other and I think this little rough patch makes both our hearts ache a lot.

I asked him what he thought of the new chore chart.

"I like it!"

"What do you like best about it?"

"Well, see, I really like jobs more than I like playing."

Believe me when I tell you, It's a good thing he told me!

No comments: