Sunday, August 21, 2011

Quick

I don't really want to post tonight, so this will be quick.

School starts tomorrow which is always a happy and sad day for me. Sad because I like having my kids at home and happy because they still LOVE going to school...and as I've mentioned, Mrs. Pickett is awesome and helps my kids become better people. This year Karaia and Beckham will be in the same class with the same teacher. Mrs. Pickett teaches a MAC (Multi Age Classroom) class and has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders in one class. We'll see how they do.

The Fundraiser Yard sale was incredible. You would never have guessed all of that stuff was donated and the proceeds going to one deserving family. I had many, many people ask me if it was a stake wide yard sale. Their eyes would get very large, and an extra donation usually came from their wallet when I told them it was for one family.

And finally, my calling scares me. It really does. I am a ward missionary. It is so beyond my comfort zone to be a missionary. Which is very ironic for a number of reasons. One being that I remember turning eight and counting out how many years until I could be a missionary. And then counting down with every birthday. It was something I wanted SO much. The second reason, is because I love meeting new people and it is never a nerve wracking thing for me to just start talking to people. And Third because I believe in my faith with all my heart. I truly do.

Still, it's hard for me to share that with someone unless they have asked me to. If they ask, I have no problems at all. What I don't want is for someone to think that if they tell me no that that would end a relationship. It wouldn't. Or that I started a relationship because I had an agenda in mind. I wouldn't.

Even typing this out, my mind is buzzing with all of the names of friends and family that read this blog who are of other Faiths or are in-active, and just feeling awkward that they are reading this. I don't want to offend anyone. Ever. But I believe what I believe. I'm not ashamed of that in any way.

I know this is why I am in this calling, to help me grow and be who the Lord needs me to be. I can feel myself still digging in my heals a little. Growth is always a bit hard. Especially when it's for your own good.

1 comment:

gwinngirl said...

Emilie, I love your blog and how honest you are about things. You do what you feel GOD is calling you to do, and don't be deterred! Keep up the great blog. It gives me hope that maybe one day I too can be a successful blogger!

Karen Pirkle