Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day

Today was big day for our little family. Not only did Karaia and Beckham start school, as I mentioned yesterday, they are in the same class.  Beckham in 1st grade ( I swear it feels like he MUST be older than just a first grader)

His shirt of choice? Diary of a Wimpy Kid. We love those movies.


And Karaia as a bid 3rd grader. Where in the world does the time go?



And a couple of the two classmate together.






Both their smiles make me laugh in this picture!

My favorite quotes of the day are:

I asked Karaia how it was having Beckham in the same class with her today. Her reply was, "Well, it was weirder than I thought it was going to be. I thought he was going to sit far enough away from me that I could just forget about it for awhile. But his seat was right behind mine....right next to Cole's."

"Oh, so you saw Beckham every time you snuck a peak at Cole?"

Turning bright red, " yeah."

--------------------


Beckham finished telling me all about his first day of first grade. He was especially detailed about lunch as he had been very nervous about finding a seat (Thank you, Diary of a Wimpy Kid). At the end of the tale of his adventures he added, "I think I'm going to handle 1st grade pretty well."

--------------

Sanders came and gave me a quick hug. Stepped back a bit, put his arms around my waist and started patting my waist with his hands saying, "You tiny. You no big. You tiny!" And then continued informing me of my stature for the next 5 minutes.

------------

After I tucked Beckham into bed he began bouncy his body in his newly tucked in blankets squealing with delight, "I can't wait for school tomorrow!!!!! Mrs. Pickett ROCKS!!!!"

It was a marvelous day.

2 comments:

Colle said...

Sounds like it is going to be a very fun filled year. I love the quotes of the day.

Lawson Family said...

Wasn't Karaia hot wearing those boot? Stylish as they are.. :0)

I'm glad the first day of school went so well!