Monday, July 18, 2011

I shouldn't be surprised

Beckham has been learning milestone skills at lightning speed in the past 3 days.

On Saturday, he learned how to tie his shoes. Not without a few frustrating moments on his side and mine, but in about a half an hour he had it down where he could do it by himself. He is currently working on learning how to double knot his laces.

Today, he learned how to swim. He has to keep his head underwater to do it, but he moves forward and doesn't sink. He tells me that means he no longer needs swimming lessons. I told him he would probably appreciate learning how to breath while swimming if he wanted to go distances greater than 8 feet.

That kid amazes me at how fast he picks these things up. He was like that with riding a two wheeler a few years ago as well. Take the training wheels off and he's good to go.

It still surprises me every time.

Way to go, Beckham!!!

No comments: