Tuesday, May 21, 2013

T time and a dress

Mr. T doesn't have school for the next few days because of kindergarten testing. Everyone else has a regular schedule which means I get some one on one time with the middle child-sh. It doesn't happen nearly as much as I'd like.

I took him to the gym with me today. They have a little room for the kiddos to play in. It has a big window that the kids can see what we are doing and we can check on them. We were doing back squats today and were supposed to go as heavy as safely possible. The first set I did (we were supposed to do 4 in a set on the back squats because they were supposed to be very heavy, then jump into 12 front squats ahap with the barbell and then 25 squat box jumps. That would complete a set and we had to do 3 sets) I had 65 lbs on my back. But there was this other bar all set up that I could see out of the corner of my eye. It looked heavy. WAY too heavy for me. But I thought for my second set, why not. I'll just try and if I have to bail, I'll bail.

I stepped up to the rack, got under the bar, lifted it off it's rest with my back just below my shoulders, went down into my squat---below parallel---and found myself on my way back to standing. I did it! Then I finished the other 3!!!

When I grabbed Tennyson after I had finished I said, "Guess how much weight I just did a back squat with?!? 115 lbs!!!"

With HUGE eyes he said, " Wow.......was the bar all bendy on the ends? Because in cartoons, when it's really heavy, it's bendy on the ends."

Love that kid.

Then we went shopping for some new flip flops for him. Turns out we hit a good sale and ended up getting a bunch for everyone. He LOVED helping me chose just the right ones for each kid.

It was so much fun to be with him. We have our not so great moments together and it was just so nice to refill our cups with positive interaction.

My mom bought some of my fabric and made herself a dress. She made up the pattern and it is awesome!


 Didn't she do a great job?! She even added pockets! And there is piping all over the place. Such great little details to have.







She ran right over as soon as she was finished. Such a fun memory to have together. She wants me to take more pictures when she has her hair done and make-up on. I will, but I think she looks pretty cute as is.

Thank you, Mom, you did an incredible job!

2 comments:

Lawson Family said...

So cute!! I'm super impressed!

April Weeks said...

115 pounds!? Now I really don't want you to wrestle with my eyebrows! Tennyson is really fun to be with. I'm glad you had that time together. I'm glad the dressed turned out. I was really nervous. The fabric is really great to work with...much better than sheets from the DI. :)