Monday, January 9, 2012

Small Fail

Yesterday we didn't read the scriptures as a family. Not even a week and I failed on my goal. Boo.

Well, I can look at this two ways.

1) Epic failure. What's the point. Way TOO large of a goal

OR

2) Yes, will not be able to say we read the scriptures as a family every day this year even though I WAS able to blog every day last year, BUT getting 6 people to do something every day is a lot harder than getting one person to do something every day. And so, we will just continue as if we didn't miss.

Of course I'm going with outlook # 2. I am disappointed, but Sundays are very challenging for us, especially now that we have changed to 1:00 pm church. Tennyson was a wreck by the time we got home from my dad's for dinner and it was all we could do to get him to bed. I totally forgot about scriptures as I was worrying about my OTHER goal of keeping my temper in check...We will just read scriptures before church to avoid this in the future.

Tonight we used family night as our scripture reading.

SCRIPTURE TRACKER

Moses 6: 62

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'd call that more of a hiccup. No failing unless you quit. Way to keep going! 1:00 church is hard.

Chrissy said...

"Getting 6 people to do something everyday is a lot harder than getting one person to do something everyday."

Truer words were never spoken, esp. since the only person in that 6 that you have complete control over is you. Love your outlook, and love you. :)

P.S. Remind me to ask you how you got the reactions buttons below the comments. I spent an hour trying to remember where I saw those in the settings and never could...

Nancy said...

Considering the fact that on Sundays you are at church from 1-4 (which I would guess involves scripture reading?), followed by dinner (because don't you fast up until service), if it was me -- I'd read scriptures as a family M-Sa!