Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Kevin and the kids did an amazing job making me feel loved, understood, and appreciated.

It started with sleeping in, breakfast in bed enough to feed 10 people, and some sock slippers and cards from the kids. The cards were my favorite because Karaia and Beckham are at ages when they can think of there own script and not just copy words. Karaia told me she loves me, "as bad as a volcano irupts." Awesome.

Kevin has decided I need a new computer so I can actually see him again because the one I use now to design is SO slow! Hooray!

Church was wonderful. I love our ward.

Then we were able to touch base with all three of our Mothers today to tell them we love them and are grateful they are in our lives.

I was able to show my designs to the Daly side of the family today. They were well received which does this little soul so much good. Art is very subjective and you just never know what people will think.

Kevin's aunt, well my aunt too...I'm going to claim you, ok Denise?...., was there. She is a quilter and a good one at that. She has a great deal of experience and an amazing talent for it. She loved the designs! It was nice to hear it from the exact market I would hope would like them. She also gave me a good suggestion and I think it is just the cherry on top for this fabric line.

I cannot believe Market is this week. It seems surreal. I have been thinking about this for over a year and now it's finally here! It's happening. It's real. And I get to be a part of it.

Not only that, I am loving the lessons my kids are learning watching me go through all of this. I hope they learn that ANY dream is possible no matter how big. But it will take work and faith and it won't be on your time line, it will be on the Lord's, but it's possible.

What better Mother's day gift could you ask for than that?

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Longhurst said...

I would hope that you would claim me! So excited for your week and can't wait to see your designs in textile form