Sunday, May 22, 2011

A bit of a foreword and service

I've been thinking a lot about this little blog of mine. A lot about it being not so little in the possible future. That being said, I've been thinking about how to document and approach my everyday life.

I've concluded that anyone who spends any amount of time with me is going to find out that my religion, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is an integral part of my life. There are not many conversations I have where I don't mention being able to see the Lord's handiwork in my life. And that's with anyone, member or not.So why should my blog be any different, simply because there will possibly be a broader range of people who run across it?

I will continue to point out the miracles in my life as I see them and give thanks and credit to my Father in Heaven. This is His plan. I've decided to follow it long ago and yes, there may be prospective employers who read this. Or future fans of my fabric designs (Um.....that was the best sentence EVER to write!!!!!!) That's OK with me. They'd find out sooner rather than later anyway.

Now that that has been taken care of, on to today.

Kevin has worked hard all weekend. He got to help one set of friends get ready for concrete and another set of friends move.

The best part of all of this is how he felt before he actually made it over there. He just really felt like he would be of help and, in both cases, that proved to be right.

There is something about being able to help someone else that automatically make this world pretty amazing to live in.

He also received a new calling. He is now the 1st counselor of the Elders Quorum presidency. He was very happy to be continuing on in the EQ presidency as he felt like he still had some work to do.

There you have it. A real life glimpse into my life. But don't think for one second that I've ever given you anything else!

No comments: