Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lion House Birthday Party

When I turned 8, my mom took my friends and I to the Lion House. As much as I want Karaia to be her own person, part of me also thrills at reliving some of my happiest childhood memories through her. Thankfully, she was super excited to indulge me.

It lived up to every single one of our dreams. On Dec. 17th, we took Karaia and nine giggling girls, who were also excited, to a birthday celebration at the Lion House.

The girls got to wear bonnets, they took us on a tour of the house, played pioneer games, fed us dinner, helped us pull our own taffy, and helped create some amazing memories.


The "who's got the Button" game
 Princess for a day. Could there be a happier girl?

 Mom came with us to help chaperon and chauffeur. Thanks mom!
 They made the cake. One less thing for me to worry about!




 She couldn't get the crown to sit just right for awhile. But she loved the special chair she got to sit in.




Gabrielle, Lacy, Laurn, Whitney, Talia, Asia, Danielle, Morgan, Karaia (It was SO hard to only be able to take 9 friends with us! ---we are missing Sophi in this picture, she was able to come later)























Everything was amazing. The cherry on top was Karaia being able to pick out a doll to take home. She chose well. Happy birthday my sweet girl! I am so glad you are part of our family. You are a good sister, a good friend, and a good daughter.

I have seen a big change in you since you turned 8. You are more mature and more helpful all the while still maintaining your love for having fun. You are a delight to be around. Thank you for all you do for our little family. I love you Karaia. Love, Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun, Em! Seeing these Lion House pictures brought back good memories of my eighth birthday. Good times. I'm glad everyone had good birthdays, Christmas celebrations, recitals, parties, etc. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!! I'm impressed you've blogged about it all, too.

benilhalk said...

So adorable Lion House Birthday Party it was. The cake looks super delicious. I am really impressed with these photos. We have also started the preparations for our son’s DIY 10th birthday at one of the local event locations. The venue is quite spacious so we can arrange a lot of party games for kids as well as adults.