Thursday, December 30, 2010

The after party

When you get baptized on the very day of your birth you have double to celebrate. I didn't want to overwhelm to special feeling of the baptism, but I still wanted Karaia to feel like it was her birthday.
It's hard to make a room at the church feel "festive" but I did my best.
Pom poms, in pink, yellow, and white, balloons, glitter straw, and candy.


My sister had the great idea of getting some pictures of Karaia growing up and placing them around the room. It was so fun to go through all those pictures and remember just how my little baby, my first born, got to be to this point.

I didn't take a single picture of the room when all the food and people where in place. So if you did, PLEASE send me pictures!!

Karaia loved it. I think for a church room we did OK. If I had more time I would have done more. But the day turned out perfect. I hope everyone else enjoyed that day as much as I did.

2 comments:

mae said...

It looks beautiful. I'm so glad it was a happy day.

Lawson Family said...

It was a very fun, special day and I think it turned out great! I didn't take a single picture either! Bummer!