Thursday, November 12, 2009

School life

Karaia had an SEP (parent teacher student) conference on Tuesday. Can I just say that I LOVE her teacher! She is one of those teachers you hope and pray your child will get.

Mrs. Pickett teaches the 1st/2nd grade split class. Karaia loves being in with her friends as well as some older kids.

But back to the conference.

I am so proud of my little girl I could just burst! For documentation sake, she is reading at a 3rd grade level and has just been moved up to 2nd grade math. Her comprehension skills are wonderful and she does very well on tests. She does need to slow down when she is writing so that other people can read it, but Kevin heard the same things growing up. Perhaps it is genetic?

Beyond all that, the thing I am the MOST proud of is that her teacher said she was very sensitive to the other student's needs. If someone needed help she was the first one to offer it.

That's all a mother needs; to know her child is growing up to be a functional, driven, kind human being.

Way to go, Karaia!

2 comments:

Tobi said...

Another Daly superstar!

April Weeks said...

I'm not surprised considering who her mother is... She is amazing.