Monday, February 11, 2008

The Plan

We've planned a trip to England and France........in the year 2010.........since we're pretty sure Kevin will have a job by then.

I have never been over seas. And as it is a life goal of mine to see both London and Paris we decided that for our 10 year anniversary we will hop the pond, or is it cross the pond. See these are the things I must learn if I am to avoid looking completely like a tourist once there.

We've already decided it will be best to go in September (our anniversary is the end of August) in order to catch a football (soccer to you Yankees) match but be here for Beckham's first day of Kindergarten. We've also concluded that we'll need about two weeks to really appreciate it. Two weeks with no children. It's sad and glorious all in the same moment.

I am highly aware that this little excursion is more than two years away. But the more often I talk about it, the more likely it is to happen. It's best to prepare yourselves now for Europe 2010 updates......'cause they're goin' happen.

2 comments:

AmyPoll said...

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!! Start saving away little bits now, and then it won't come as a financial shocker...you can even put it in a completely seperate account which is what Bart and I do with little extras...it has become our vacation account. It makes it easier to not feel guilty about splurging on a vacation because you aren't dipping into your real savings. LOL

April Weeks said...

I think that is a great idea! It wiil be a perfect time to go and enjoy yourselves. I'm assuming you are assuming I will take the kids... you are assuming correctly. I will look forward to it. love Mom