Friday, September 18, 2009

If you do this then.....

Kevin went down to remind the kids they were supposed to be reading, not talking to each other. He found Beckham in Karaia's room and when reminded of the current standing order Beckham declared that he was just waiting for Karaia to give him a certain book.

Kevin told Beckham to head back into his room and he would talk with Karaia. When he turned Karaia teenagerly said, "Here. Give this to Beckham." as she extended a book to Kevin.

"Karaia, I'm not going to give that to Beckham. Especially if you ask me that way."

Karaia's angelic face came out in full force saying, " If you give that to Beckham, I'll give you this!" With that she whipped out her hand from her lap producing a shiny new quarter between her thumb and index finger. Her eyes a glow from the obvious killer deal she was offering her dad. Seriously. Who could resist?

"Nice try. Go to bed."

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Awesome. I am so glad I am not the only parent who's child tries to bribe them with change... actually, it's usually Jake trying to tip me for making dinner or doing laundry. I don't know where he got that idea.

Mary said...

Hilarious!