Thursday, October 25, 2012

Small success are big to the small ones



  • My morning was kind of grumpy because of some choices the older kids were making, me being classified as one of the older kids as well.

     BUT, amidst all of that I managed to remember that today, the 3 year old got to be Captain at preschool. He's been looking forward to it for a long time. Talking about it on every preschool day since the beginning of October. I even remembered in enough time this morning to help him make sucker ghosts for his treat to share. (Thank goodness I threw myself out of bed at 5:30am this morning to go work out. It's rough, but the extra time I seem to have in the mornings is good stuff.)

    When I dropped him off he giggled to his teacher that is was HIS turn to be captain and that he had brought sucker ghosts that he got to help make. Also, that the boots he was wearing because it snowed for the first time this season had a line pattern on the bottom. That's important information right there.

     He was so full of joy.

    I'm glad I had the presence of mind to think, "If nothing else goes right today, I am going to remember that for him, it was the best. day. ever!"

    Not a whole lot got done the rest of the day, but I feel like today mattered. I made it count. I did what was really important. The one single item I am able to cross of the list was worth more points that the rest of the list put together.

    To end the night on a high point, Beckham attended his first Pack meeting and earned his Bobcat. I got a Mother's pin for his hard work. Truth be told, the pin belongs to Kevin. They have been rock stars together as far as this scouting thing is concerned. Me? Well, I am just going to make darn sure this pin doesn't get lost!








    It's lovely to go to bed knowing the day was used well. 

No comments: