Friday, July 10, 2009

A major factor

I'm tired.

The I-can-barely-keep-my-eyes-open kind of tired.

I haven't been sleeping very well the last few nights

Kevin has been gone since Wednesday at Young Men's Camp. I don't sleep very well on my own. Knowing this I usually try and stay up as late as possible until I am practically asleep on my feet eliminating the possibility of my brain keeping me up all night with worry about the sounds I might think that I possibly heard.

When Kev's here I don't worry about those sounds. If I hear anything I poke him in the back and ask if he will go check it out. He always does, without complaining, and that's why I love him.

This staying up late routine helps me get to sleep, but I don't usually have much time once I actually get in bed. The morning and midnight feedings come far too quickly and I am usually beyond tired by the time I absolutely.....must.....get.....out.....of......bed.

When I am this tired, I am different. I don't get as much done which in turn stresses me out causing my already short patience bucket to become even further depleted. Therefore making the likelihood of an irrational Mommy Moment to become more frequent. The kids usually have NO idea why thing that are usually OK are suddenly the worst. thing. ever. Poor things.

When normally I can multitask and hold several conversations at once the tiredness effects my ability to do so and my kids hear, "Hold on. I can't talk to you right this second. I'm making a sandwich and I have to think about what comes next."

I'm not exaggerating. I've actually said that before.

Things just aren't as pleasant around here when I'm tired. I'm glad Kevin is coming home today.

I think the kids are too. They need a break from mom.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I hope you had a good night's sleep. It's no fun when the hubby is gone and you have to be the worrier.

How do the hubbies get any sleep on a regular basis?

By the way, the jelly is what comes next on the sandwich.

Hope you are all doing well. Give those cute kids hugs for me.

Tobi said...

Since he is so super awesome, maybe he'll take a night of feedings and let you sleep. I often wish Shem could do thst, but these darn things don't detach! ;)

Brianna said...

Well put.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mary said...

I know just what you mean! I get that way too when Terral is gone with the scouts, only I don't have kids to worry about yet.

Colle said...

Holy cow I am 100% like that. Chad has been out of town a ton for work this year and when he gets ome I am plain exahusted. You have more kids and a baby you are super woman!