Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Counter productive

I'm still here ( I know. you've been up nights because I haven't been posting...sorry about that)

Just busy.

Well, I should be busy, but my body has decided to become counter productive. Instead of letting me sleep to renew my energy in order to accomplish my long list of tasks that need to get done before the baby comes, it has, instead decided that now is the time to start conditioning me to live on less sleep so I can be prepared to care for a newborn.

The average amount of sleep per night has dwindled to about 3-4 hours. Fun. Oh wait, no. No it's not.

Karaia ratted me out yesterday. We were all talking about our day around the dinner table when Karaia factually pointed out, " Mom, you didn't even move from the couch all day!" She wasn't being mean, just trying to paint a visual for Kevin.

It's a good thing she's cute.

It's also a good thing Kevin is understanding and just gives me a sympathetic look instead of judgement. I'm totally keeping him around.

I'm here. Just busy or asleep.

3 comments:

Lawson Family said...

Man, we've all been there! It does seem a little backwards to have the body prepare for lack of sleep with...lack of sleep.

Kade and Katie said...

we could hang out! it seems we have alot in common these days... including cute little girls that are painfully honest sometimes. you are getting sooo close, so exciting! love ya!

Lyndi Daly said...

I miss those days sleeping on the couch! I can't sit for a min. I have a crawler now. She's only been at it for a week, but she's already so fast. I think I am going to have to get a gate:)