Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pretend it's December 5, 2008

Ummmm....yeah......

So it's been well over a month since I've posted. Lame I know. December is really busy for us and I, well frankly, I have been too lazy to download the photos that need to go along with these posts.

"But what about your previous post about not caring if you have the pictures or that things are posted chronologically...you are just going to post anyway?", you may be thinking to yourself.

Apparently I do care. And it's enough to keep me from posting. It's not that it's hard to download pictures, but we lost our cord so now I have to walk ALL the way downstairs to get the pictures from the camera to the computer. And I'm talking ALL the way downstairs. You can see my point.

So, pretend this post came on December 5, 2008. That was the day we had Karaia's 6th birthday party for her friends. It was a pajama party. We had pancakes with all the fixins', i.e. cherries, chocolate chips, whipped cream, you know, the good stuff. We put the candles right into Karaia's pancake and called it good.

Then everyone got to make ginger bread, read Graham cracker, houses. The kids had a blast! Everyone's houses came out so differently and it was interesting to see the kids that took the time on theirs and then the ones who's main goal was to see just how much candy would actually stick to the frosting.


Her actual birthday was not until December 18th, but that is just too close to Christmas to have a friend party. We did have family over for cake and ice cream.

Funny story about the cake

I asked Karaia what kind of cake she wanted. I asked her on the morning of her birthday. But when I asked her, I was thinking, chocolate, white, yellow, or confetti cake.

Her reply? "My Little Ponies, please!"

Conversation you would have heard had you been in my head,

"My little ponies? That's not a flavor. Oh.....yeah. I forgot a 6 year old NEEDS a decorated cake."

I think it came out OK for not having very long to think about it.



I don't think she noticed it was quickly done......Probably because of all the love that was put into it. (can I be any cheesier? Yes. But I will spare you."



I cannot believe she is 6!

She is a pretty amazing girl. She loves to read and be my helper.

She's my little garden buddy and finds weeding rewarding and fun, just like me.

She is starting to be her own little person who wants her space and for me not to know every last thing about her life. While this is hard for me, I do appreciate that she feels comfortable enough to tell me to stop asking questions because she just wants to think for awhile.

She has a little crush on a boy at school and I just can't believe that she is old enough to blush when she says his name!

I love her dearly and am so glad I am her mother.



Happy Birthday, Sweetie!!!!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

You should be very proud of your crafty self, that cake is awesome! There is no way I could do that. I would have been thinking, "round, square, or cupcakes..." And hey, you not only survived December, you have the pictures to prove it. Good job.

April Weeks said...

Yeah! I'm glad you are blogging again, I've missed it.