Sunday, January 27, 2008

'Til we meet again

This blog would not be mine if I did not post about the events of this evening.

Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of The LDS church died this evening. My sister-in-law shared the news with me while we were on the phone.

I am not surprised, as he was 97 years old. In fact, I am delighted. He is now without pain and reunited with his wife and other loved ones. Still, a world without him is unknown to me and I am anxious to see what is in store. He had this amazing ability to make people feel as if they personally knew him. He was and is a wonderful example of how to live your life fully.

I am grateful to have been exposed to his positive influence. His presence has made a permanent impression upon my heart and I am better for it. May I continue to spread the joy that he has so faithfully and enthusiastically endeavored to share with all.

For all I know and have been taught, I am truly blessed and humbled. I am thankful for our prophet.

Until we meet again......

No comments: