Thursday, June 20, 2013

Slacking or balance

I can't decide if my lack of posting is because I am a slacker or I am finding my balance.

I do want to document my daily goings on, but not enough to add it to my daily to do list. I already have so many things on there, like laundry--folding it and getting it put away mainly--that I don't get to that I just leave blogging off the list so it doesn't stare me in the face mockingly when it's not crossed off.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with my house at the moment. So. many. piles. that I have just not taken the time to find a home for. I know exactly what I want my house to feel like and even look like, but putting forth the effort to get it in that state makes me feel even more tired than I already feel.

I sit here, with my first world problems, trying to figure out why they are indeed problems. I'm not sure. All I know is I am coming to terms with not being able to do it all and really not caring much how the outside world feels about that. That may or may not be a good thing.

In other news, the slide off the deck is functional! Man oh man did we run into all sorts of obstacles with that thing! One of which resulted in a chunk of the bottom of the slide being cut out only to realize later that that was unnecessary. Ah well. The kids don't notice or care.

AND we got a new niece, Aurora, today. I haven't met her yet, but I am sure that when I do my unfolded laundry will be the furthest thing from my mind.

No comments: